Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Confidence

Confident is one way to describe Guinness. Another way is having an unhealthy lack of fear. I shook my head and laughed the last time we were at the beach in Taiwan, and he was literally under a wave, his eyeballs looking at me through the water, smiling!! Should you be smiling if you are under the water? Most recently he can be found at the top of chain link fences, or trying to stand in the road so he can punch the cars. (because he could stop the car with his fist you know;)

I was trying to clean up from lunch and he was trying to get my attention. A popular strategy is to lie down dead on the floor, thus requiring true love's kiss for revival. So I tried a kiss, but it didn't work!!!! He told me he needed true love's water. So I get his cup of water from lunch and offer him my hand so he can sit up and become 'alive'. He told me he could drink it lying down.

That's right, y'all. My son can drink a cup of water lying flat on his back on the floor. I ask him if he is sure, and he assures me, "Yes, mom, I know I can do it!!". So I am laughing my head off at this point because I know what is about to happen, and he is slowly, slowly trying to get the rim of the cup to his lips but starting to realize why this was not going to work. He did give up, and sat up to drink True Love's Water, and I collapsed on the floor because I was laughing so hard. Lots to learn when you are only 3!



No comments:

Post a Comment